In this tutorial, I would outline the steps so that you could also have a Desktop in which Windows displays the Operating System installed and it’s Build Number like below –Windows uses a Registry Key to determine whether it needs to display the watermark or not. The registry key we are talking about is “[**PaintDesktopVersion**](http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc782257(v=ws.10).aspx)“.
So, to enable/disable the Watermark follow the below steps :-
- Open the Registry Editor by typing in “regedit” in the Run Prompt (Windows Key + R).
- Once the Registry Editor is opened, navigate to the path (refer the screenshot below) “HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Desktop”
3. Search for the Registry Key named “PaintDesktopVersion” and then double-click on it to change it’s value.
4. If you want to ENABLE the Watermark, set the value to “1” and if you would like to disable the Watermark, set it’s value to “0“.
5. Restart the System and you would see the Watermark once you are on the Desktop.
In case of any problem, do not hesitate to post back in the Comments Section or Contact Me!